200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Who this course is for:
Teachers wanting to add yoga modalities.
Students wanting to deepen yoga understanding.
Professionals desiring to expand their therapies with mind body practices.
This training begins as an exploration of the elemental you and your relationship with Oneness. It is an awe-inspiring journey into the most intimate understanding of yourself. From that place, you will recognize the other person is you. Coming from that place, teaching yoga becomes a devotional service that is done with ease as we give back to humanity. Sharing ancient multi-discipline practices with others is an honor and turns one's life.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from the Begin Within School of Yoga. Students desiring to register with Yoga Alliance must complete a short test. This course qualifies for Yoga Alliance continuing education points.
I will be hosting a meet-and-greet along with a Q&A on September 11th at 7 p.m.
This event will take place at my greenhouse studio at 1501 Loner Road, Blythewood, SC 29016.
The following dates are confirmed for this years yoga teacher training program!
October 21st & 22nd
November 18th & 19th
December 16th & 17th
January 20th & 21st
February 17th & 18th
March 16th & 17th
April 20th & 21st
May 18th & 19th
June 8th & 9th
In this yoga training you will learn:
- We unlock the spine physically, metally & emotionally
- The importance of a personal practice (Sadhana- Spiritual Practice)
- How to become a skilled teacher of using the science of breath (prana) (vital life force energy) along with bandhas (sacred locks) and how they affect the human organism
- How to integrate and teach the UPA’s (Universal Principles of Alignment)
- Anatomy of the physical body and subtle body
- Discovering your own voice through mantra and sound current vibration
- Matrika (the power of words)
- Learn skills to serve the elderly, veterans and people with disabilities
- The philosophy of “Looking for the Good” rooted in the Four A’s (Attitude, Alignment, Action, and Alchemy)
- Knowing the differences between Hatha and Kundalini Yoga
- The application of chair yoga
- How to Teach Kundalini Kriyas for specific outcomes and safely and as taught by 3HO
- Developing intuition as a teacher and be able to guide students and yourself through the Koshas, learning the ancient practice of Yoga Nidra
Required Reading Materials
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Kundalini Yoga Experience by Guru Dharam S. Khalsa and Darry; O'Keeffe
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- iRest The iRest program for healing PTSD
The 200 hour RYT certification class takes place at:
The Greenhouse Retreat Center
1501 Loner Road
Blythewood, SC 29016
Full class participation, successful completion of the assigned curriculum and building a personal Sadana will be required to obtain a Begin Within Yoga School Certificate of Completion. Six months of regular yoga practice is a minimum pre-requisite for being considered. If class time is missed it is your responsibility to make up the classes. If an instructor is required, the student will be charged $75.00 per hour.
Are you ready to be a teacher for the Aquarian Ages?
True Love is Friendship Set on Fire!!!
Begin Within School of Yoga is the Union of a shared love between Ginger Doughty E-RYT 500 and Bob Farnsworth RYT 200. They met over a decade ago in an Anusara yoga class. Over the years they shared a love for the transformative power of the practice. They were supportive friends, and share teacher training certifications, Immersions, workshops and classes using the UPA (Universal Principle Of Alignment) while simultaneously traveling different paths. Bob began a meditative study of Yantra yoga and Tibetan Buddhism meditation. Ginger who’s passionate work of years serving Veterans took her into in-depth trainings for PTSD to include iRest Yoga Nidra, Yoga Warriors International, extensive PTSD training and is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher. Over ten years after meeting, their love for yoga and each other has created a beautiful harmonious training, blending all the teachings into an expanded practice that recognizes the eight limbs of Yoga. Come and let them share these most precious gifts that will empower you to recognize Self and the love to share it with others.
Teacher Training Registered with Yoga Alliance
Begin Within School of Yoga is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, which designates this teacher training program as one which follows Yoga Alliance’s standards. Students who complete an approved training with this school may be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).