200-hour Yoga Teacher Training starting in February 2017
Who are you? What do you want? What are you going to do about it?
This training begins as an exploration of the elemental you and your relationship with Oneness. It is an awe-inspiring journey into the most intimate understanding of yourself. From that place you will recognize the other person is you. Coming from that place, teaching yoga becomes a devotional service that is done with ease as we nurture ourselves and give back to humanity. Passing these teachings on to others is living life to its exponentially fullest experience of pure open spacious awareness.
In this training you will learn:
- The importance of a personal practice
- How to become a skilled teacher of breathing using the science of prana (vital life force energy) along with bandhas (sacred locks) and how they affect the human organism
- How to integrate and teach the UPA’s (Universal Principles of Alignment)
- Anatomy of the physical body and subtle body
- Discovering your own voice through mantra and sound current vibration
- Matrika (the power of words)
- Being skilled in serving the elderly, vets and people with disabilities
- The philosophy of “Looking for the Good” rooted in the Four A’s (Attitude, Alignment, Action, and Alchemy)
- Knowing the differences between Hatha and Kundalini Yoga
- The application of chair yoga
- How to Teach Kundalini Kryias for specific outcomes
- Become an intuitive teacher and be able to guide students and yourself through the Koshas, learning the ancient practice of Yoga Nidra
Required Reading Materials
Refining The Breath by: Doug Keller
Your Body Speaks Your Mind by: Debra Shapiro
Yoga Anatomy by: Leslie Kaminoff
Light on Yoga by: B.K.S. Iyengar (foreword by Yehudi Menuhin)
Light on Yoga Yoga Sutras of Patanjai by: B.K.S.
Prana Pranee Pranyam by: Yogi Bhajan
The Kundalini Yoga Experience by: Guru Dharam S. Khalsa and Darryl O'Keeffe
Hatha Yoga Illustrated by: Martin Kirk, Brooke Boon, Daniel DiTuro
Anatomy of the spirit by: Caroline MYSS, PH.D
8024 Winnsboro Rd
Blythewood, SC 29016
Class schedule: 8:30am to 6:00pm
With an hour lunch and two breaks
Tuition for training in the 200 hour RYT certification February 18 through October 22, 2017 (one weekend per month for 9 months) is $2650.00 please see below for payment options.
Complete course: $2,650
- $2,350 before 12-07-16; totaling $2,350 ($300 early payment discount)
- $2,450 before 01-07-17; totaling $2,450 ($200 early payment discount)
- $2,550 before 02-07-17; totaling $2,550 ($100 early payment discount)
- $500 before 02-07-17, with 9 monthly payments of $275; totaling $2,975
- $500 before 02-07-17, with 3 payments of $750 in Mar, May, and July of 2017; totaling $2,750
A 20% discount will be provided to all Active Duty, Vets and spouses
Are you ready to be a teacher for the Aquarian Ages?
True Love is Friendship Set on Fire!!!
Begin Within School of Yoga is the Union of a shared love between Ginger Doughty E-RYT 500 and Bob Farnsworth RYT 200. They met over a decade ago in an Anusara yoga class. Over the years they shared a love for the transformative power of the practice. They were supportive friends, and share teacher training certifications, Immersions, workshops and classes using the UPA (Universal Principle Of Alignment) while simultaneously traveling different paths. Bob began a meditative study of Yantra yoga and Tibetan Buddhism meditation. Ginger who’s passionate work of years serving Veterans took her into in-depth trainings for PTSD to include iRest Yoga Nidra, Yoga Warriors International, extensive PTSD training and is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher. Over ten years after meeting, their love for yoga and each other has created a beautiful harmonious training, blending all the teachings into an expanded practice that recognizes the eight limbs of Yoga. Come and let them share these most precious gifts that will empower you to recognize Self and the love to share it with others.
In Partnership with The Big Red Barn Retreat
The Big Red Barn Retreat a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and Begin Within Yoga and Wellness LLC are partners providing free yoga services to Veterans, service members and their spouses.
Teacher Training Registered with Yoga Alliance
Begin Within School of Yoga is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, which designates this teacher training program as one which follows Yoga Alliance’s standards. Students who complete an approved training with this school may be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).